Soft Tissue Surgery:
This refers to surgery of anything that does not include bone structure.
- Elective surgeries such as spays, neuters, and declaws
- Intra-abdominal surgeries: Exploratory surgery, preventative gastropexy, gastrotomy, enterotomy, biopsies of organs, cystotomy, splenectomy, pyometra surgery, Cesarean sections, etc.
- Mass removals from the skin or underlying tissues
- Eye surgeries including entropion repair, cherry eye surgery, eyelid growth removals, enucleations.
This is any surgery the involves the bone.
- Fracture repair including pins, plates, and external fixators: These require some advanced training and are only offered at select locations
- Femoral head osteotomy (select cases)
- Stifle surgery including luxating patellas and cranial cruciate surgery: Dr. Couch offers these surgeries at our Rockville location. She performs the tight rope repair procedure.
Physical therapy and Rehabilitation:
- Dr. Couch offers a variety of adjunct therapies for musculoskeletal injuries. These include teaching owners how to perform exercises particularly for their pet’s injury, rehabilitative gym sessions, post-operative physical therapy, and cold laser therapy.
Read more about our small animal surgery services below.
- Pre-operatory bloodwork
- Surgical release form
- What to expect day of surgery
- What to expect following surgery
- Common surgical procedures
If you have any questions about our services, please contact us today.